Under the authority of the Executive Director, the cook participates in the preparation of the meals of the shelter. Specifically, the role of the cook is to ensure the realization of the meals while respecting the public health guidelines.
1. Prepare both the lunch and supper meals
2. Ensures the cleanliness of the kitchen (disinfects surfaces, etc.)
3. Responsible for the inventory
4. Prepares and stores meals for the weekend
5. Takes into consideration the different ethnic cultures
1. Experience working in a kitchen
2. languages, French, English, 3rd language an asset
3. Ability to work in a team
4. Ability to make decisions with minimal information
5. Ability to manage time
6. Discretion and confidentiality
- One year contract
- Schedule: full time Monday to Friday
- Salary: $18.00 per hour
- Start: July 2020
On-call replacement counselor
Auberge Transition is a feminist organization whose primary mandate is to offer shelter, information, counseling and follow-up services to women who are currently experiencing or have experienced any form of intimate partner violence.. Auberge Transition serves all women, with or without children, of all cultures and backgrounds.
- Answer the crisis line, provide support, information, and referrals as needed and admit women to the shelter in accordance with admission criteria.
- Assure the smooth running of the shelter
- Assist women and children in their daily activities
- Ensure the cleanliness of the home
- Dependant on the needs of the shelter. Must be available to replace week-ends, week nights 3 to 10 & overnight 9:30 - 8:30 am. Must be able to replace 8/10 statutory holidays
- According to the salary scale in place