Under the authority of the Executive Director, the counselor participates in the development and realization of the objectives of the shelter. Specifically, the role of the counselor is to ensure the implementation of the activities and projects relating to the intervention and prevention components with the women.
- Conducts evaluation and admission of women
- Establishes relationships of support and trust
- Provides references and information
- Plans, organizes and maintains intervention plans
- Provides support and assistance when required
- Facilitates thematic workshops
- Intervenes in a crisis situation
- Manages emergency situations
- Offers telephone consultations
- Ensures linking internal (home) and external (post shelter) files
- Collegiate or university degree in a helping relationship discipline
- Minimum experience of 2 to 4 years in animation and intervention with an adult clientele
- Knowledge of the issue of conjugal violence and the feminist approach
- Languages, French, English, 3rd language an asset
- Communication and public relations skills
- Ability to work in a team7. Ability to make decisions with minimal information
- Ability to manage time
- Discretion and confidentiality
Schedule: full time 35 hours flexible week as required
Salary: according to current pay scale
Start: January 2020
***Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
On-call replacement counselor
Auberge Transition is a feminist organization whose primary mandate is to offer shelter, information, counseling and follow-up services to women who are currently experiencing or have experienced any form of intimate partner violence.. Auberge Transition serves all women, with or without children, of all cultures and backgrounds.
- Answer the crisis line, provide support, information, and referrals as needed and admit women to the shelter in accordance with admission criteria.
- Assure the smooth running of the shelter
- Assist women and children in their daily activities
- Ensure the cleanliness of the home
- Dependant on the needs of the shelter. Must be available to replace week-ends, week nights 3 to 10 & overnight 9:30 - 8:30 am. Must be able to replace 8/10 statutory holidays
- According to the salary scale in place