Part-time Administrative assistant
- Assume the tasks of general secretariat: correspondence, drafting and correction of letters forms and reports, layout of documents, photocopying, backup of computerized documents
- Assume all tasks related to statistics (monthly and annual), the compilation of data concerning residents, ex-residents, external consultations, telephone calls received, etc.
- Ensure the opening of files for both the administration and the services;
- To carry out the filing of files at both the administrative and government levels
- Purchasing materials and supplies and maintaining inventories
- Ensure the proper functioning and maintenance of office equipment (photocopier, fax machine and computer)
- Recuperate mail from post office, scan, distribute and file electronic and postal mail and ensure follow-up;
- Provide telephone answering service as needed and respond to requests for information
- Assume the tasks related to the fundraising file (donor research, updating of donor lists, preparation of the annual fundraising mailing
- Updating donor lists, preparing the annual fundraising mailing with the coordination of the director
- Develop and implement a plan to solicit in-kind donations (food, cleaning products clothing, furniture, toys, etc.)
- Remain up to date on all employee collective insurance records
- Record and safeguard all employee time sheets, vacation requests
- Submit weekly payroll to Ceridian
- Track and prepare petty cash;
- Make bank deposits;
- Perform supplier payments, bank reconciliation and monthly income statements;
- Work in conjunction with the director on accounting, budget forecasting and preparation of all necessary documents for annual audit.
- Send monthly reports to the treasurer
- Input journal entries and print out a monthly report of all journal entries
- Participate in joint committees with elected board members, including the fundraising committee;
- And perform any other related duties associated with the nature of the position or requested by the Director.
Requirements and Abilities:
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (DEC) in administrative techniques/accounting and management or DEP in secretarial studies and/or DEP in accounting or any other training and experience related to the position;
- Mastery of the Office suite and Sage software;
- Excellent command of written French and English writing skills;
- Ability to communicate in both French and English
Organizational and planning skills;
- Relational skills, including interpersonal skills and diplomacy;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a team environment;
- Ability to manage priorities, work under pressure and have a good sense of initiative and
- Interest in or knowledge of the community, multicultural and feminist environment;
- Ability to adapt to a shelter environment;
- Ability to adapt his/her schedule according to the needs of the organization;
- Possess a valid driver's license.
On-call replacement counselor
Auberge Transition is a feminist organization whose primary mandate is to offer shelter, information, counseling and follow-up services to women who are currently experiencing or have experienced any form of intimate partner violence.. Auberge Transition serves all women, with or without children, of all cultures and backgrounds.
- Answer the crisis line, provide support, information, and referrals as needed and admit women to the shelter in accordance with admission criteria.
- Assure the smooth running of the shelter
- Assist women and children in their daily activities
- Ensure the cleanliness of the home
- Dependant on the needs of the shelter. Must be available to replace week-ends, week nights 3 to 10 & overnight 9:30 - 8:30 am. Must be able to replace 8/10 statutory holidays
- According to the salary scale in place